With the Samsung Galaxy S4 now official, it's time for the rest of the new generation Galaxy devices to start making an appearance. It turns out the first one to break ground is the Galaxy S4 mini.
SamMobile has got hold of some live photos of the smartphone, which reveals a design quite similar to the Samsung Galaxy S4. The photos below confirm that the S4 mini will even feature the back cover design of its bigger brother.
[gallery ids="2533,2534,2535,2536,2537" orderby="rand"]
Despite its name and resemblance to Samsung's flagship, the Galaxy S4 mini allegedly won't pack a monster of a CPU, but rather a 1.6GHz dual-core CPU and a 4.3" Super AMOLED display of qHD resolution (960x540 pixels, 256ppi).
It's slightly bigger than the ongoing Galaxy S III mini, which features a 4" display of WVGA resolution. Unfortunately, the S4 mini's CPU type isn't known at this point, but what's known from the photos above is that the smartphone will run what's currently the latest version of Android -4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
According to the source the Galaxy S4 mini is expected to make its debut in June or July this year.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 production cost estimated at $244
- Don't trust any Samsung Galaxy S4 pre-order news as none of it is (yet) true
- UK Samsung Galaxy S4 will use quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor, not 8-core
- Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Images Are Out! It's B..E..A..UTIFUL!
- Samsung Galaxy S4 is 'fastest smartphone ever', Apple iPhone 5 ranks 5th